ZGF is seeking a Senior Architect with 15+ years of professional experience to join our team. We are looking for self-directed and thoughtful individuals with excellent communication and technical skills.
The role is based in our Washington, DC office, where we ideate, collaborate, and create, supported by a culturally diverse group of design professionals every day. Our team thrives on multi-disciplinary engagement while practicing at the intersection of architecture, interiors, and urban design and are distinguished by our creativity, curiosity, and goal of bringing design excellence to every project.
As a Senior Architect, you…
- Are a leader with the skills and experience necessary to act effectively as a Project Designer/Project Architect/Project Manager on complex projects.
- Set direction for the execution of project goals and objectives with project team and client, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation, and development of novel concepts and methods.
- Seek engagement and collaboration at all levels, including the internal and external design team, clients, and contractors.
- Are energized to create something new every day and eager to collaborate in a team.
- Bring a track-record of success with complex, multi-phase projects in healthcare, mixed-use, civic, government, institutional research facilities, and higher education to the firm.
- Manage teams from concept design through construction and have a deep understanding of building, zoning, energy codes, ADA, construction standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Mentor and manage staff.
- Work collaboratively with others toward design solutions.
- Are responsible for the effective performance of the Project Team regarding project quality, schedule, and budget.
- Contribute to general office-wide initiatives and marketing efforts.
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Help build relationships with clients and consultants with team leaders.
- Well-rounded, strategic thinker with an integrated approach to design, management, and technical project resolution
- Highly motivated, proactive and passionate
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent team communication skills, design presentation, and storytelling skills
- Experience in a variety of building types, building materials, technical design, and construction techniques.
- Significant knowledge, expertise, and initiative to explore and carry out new or complex assignments requiring the development of innovative techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to navigate complex situations requiring diplomacy, interpersonal skills, and judgement.
- Ability to perceive the goals of others, help to set priorities on projects and initiatives, and positively motivate individuals within the context of projects and the firm.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships outside the project team and the firm to facilitate project acquisition, facilitate innovation, and then validation of project direction.
- Ability to communicate knowledge and experience throughout the Architectural Group.
- Ability to develop and process fee proposals and contractual agreements for a project.
- Experience in Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, and other forms of project delivery
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, and Deltek Vision
- Professional Architectural degree and a minimum of 15 years of related experience
- Licensed Architects are strongly preferred.
- Cover letter
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.