Architectural Model Builder
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Model Shop
ZGF is seeking an Architectural Model Builder to join our team in our Washington DC office. This position has a direct impact on and value to the projects we undertake on behalf of our clients, requiring demonstrated successful thinking, designing three-dimensionally, and interpreting architectural drawings and sketches.
As a Architectural Model Builder, you will….
- Be able to work on tight deadlines and on multiple projects at once
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written using office standard tools (like Microsoft Office suite)
- Be responsible for general shop management
- Stock common build materials
- Keep tools and machinery in working order
- Organize for efficient workflow
- Maintain and expand local vendor networks
- Provide training and Mentorship to others
- Manage Project workflow and budgeting
- Lead and/or facilitate build teams
- Assist Project teams with a range of fabrication solutions beyond scale models
- Conduct 3D printer operations
- Encouraged R&D explorations
- Encouraged interactions with other ZGF offices and firmwide projects / initiatives
- Encouraged Contributions to Project design
- You are familiar and comfortable with woodshop tools and safety procedures.
- You have demonstrated success working on tight deadlines, multiple projects in team and individual-based environments and managing resources and equipment in a shop environment.
- Manual dexterity and attention to detail in the fabrication and assembly of miniature components is required.
- Your experience includes operating the latest digital fabrication machinery as well as traditional wood-working tools.
- Associates degree in Architecture, Architecture Technology, Fine Art, Industrial Design, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years minimum of relevant experience with Laser Cutting, 3D Printing and CNC technology, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Proficiency in Rhino. (Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD and other 3D software (like SolidWorks) preferred).
- Cover letter
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.