ZGF is seeking an Accounting Assistant to be based in our downtown Vancouver, B.C. office, where each day we ideate, collaborate and create, supported by a culturally diverse group of architectural professionals, in-house leading-edge technology including digital fabrication, virtual design and realization, and physical modelling. Our Vancouver team thrives on a multi-disciplinary engagement while practicing at the intersection of architecture and urban design and are distinguished by our creative and intellectual curiosity.
As the Accounting Assistant you will…
- Provide support for Senior Accountants (Portland & Vancouver) including month-end procedures
- Full cycle accounts payable including receiving vendor invoices, matching to purchase orders and packing slips, inputting into the system, processing bi-weekly check runs, answering vendor queries, filing
- Process expense reports and reconcile bank accounts and corporate credit cards
- Assist with the processing of weekly timesheets
- Prepare payment mail and deliveries
- Prepare final paycheques for departing staff and assist with Record of Employment production.
- Additional accounts payable tasks as assigned by AP manager
- Enroll and maintain employee data with benefit providers; Benefit plan administration experience an asset.
- Contribute whenever, wherever, however possible to ensure the successful efforts and effectiveness of the Office.
- Display a high level of discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
- Experience with full-cycle accounts payable, including VAT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting preferred.
- High level of computer literacy including Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of architectural / engineering terminology a plus, though not required.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
ZGF Architects Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and portfolio