- Portland, OR
- Full Time
- Architecture - Model Shop
- Mid Level
ZGF is seeking a CNC Fabricator to join our architectural model shop team in supporting firmwide explorations using digital CNC fabrication technology. The Portland, Oregon based position will encompass a wide variety of production tasks for prototype, project and architectural model making efforts.
As a CNC Fabricator, you will….
- Schedule, program and run CNC jobs
- Foam topographical bases for architectural models
- Wood / ply bases and other constructs
- Solid surface and acrylic parts
- Manage CNC Machinery and related inventory/stock
- Help maintain general shop resources (wood shop, metal shop, inventory)
- Train others on CNC technology
- Assist in other fabrication jobs, work in diverse teams
- R&D: prototyping, material exploration, new digital fabrication technologies and machining processes
- Knowledge in variety of CNC machines (3 axis Multi-cam and Shop Sabre a plus)
- Knowledge in workflow and methodologies in CNC production
- Understanding of different types of materials: woods and polymers
- Demonstrating experience in CAD/CAM platforms: Rhino, Rhino CAM, Revit
- Fabrication experience/ expertise from small scale to large scale
- Architectural model making experience a plus
- Architectural experience is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects at one time
- Detail oriented
- Open to material exploration
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
- Must work well in a quick fast past environment
- Forklift certified a plus
- Cover letter
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.