- Portland, OR
- Full Time
ZGF is seeking a Project Manager to join our team in our Portland office with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in architecture and complex project management. Each day we ideate, collaborate, and create, supported by a culturally diverse group of architectural professionals. Our team thrives on multi-disciplinary engagement while practicing at the intersection of architecture, interiors, and urban design and are distinguished by our creative and intellectual curiosity.
As a Project Manager, you….
- Seek engagement and collaboration at all levels towards design solutions – this includes the internal and external design team, clients and contractors
- Are energized to create something new every day and eager to collaborate in a team
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges
- Manage and mentor team members from concept design through construction
- Set direction for the execution of project goals and objectives with project team and client
- Independently develop project proposals, define and manage work plans, develop contractual agreements, and organize and supervise design teams
- Contribute to general office-wide initiatives and marketing efforts
- You are comfortable and effective in a leadership capacity and bring exceptional creativity and superb technical knowledge to the delivery of high quality and complex projects.
- Your communication skills are excellent and enable you to establish and maintain project criteria, communicate it to project teams, and manage projects with confidence and ease while ensuring design intention is maintained throughout all project phases.
- You are comfortable working in, as well as managing, all phases of the design process.
- Building and project performance are top priorities for you.
- You have strong leadership skills, can break down a bold vision into actionable challenges, and enjoy mentoring and managing your team of architects to achieve extraordinary design solutions and outcomes.
- You can successfully navigate complex situations requiring diplomacy, interpersonal skills and judgement.
- You are adept at maintaining relationships with clients and consultants.
- You have an understanding of building, zoning, energy codes, ADA, construction standards, and other regulatory requirements
- You are experienced in Design-Build, Design Bid Build and other forms of project delivery
- You bring a track-record of success with complex, multi-phase projects in healthcare, mixed-use, government, institutional research facilities and higher education to the firm
- You are proficient in Revit, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and Deltek Vision
- You have a professional architectural degree and a minimum of 10+ years of related experience
- Architectural registration is expected
- Cover letter
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.