Join the No. 1 ranked architecture firm (2017 Architect 50 Sustainability Category: Architect Magazine) and work alongside the best talent in the world who will challenge and inspire you every day.
We have an immediate opening for an Architect with a focus on Building Performance and Sustainability with 2 years of post-graduate experience. The role is based in our downtown Vancouver, B.C. office, where each day we ideate, collaborate and create, supported by a culturally diverse group of architectural professionals, in-house leading-edge technology including digital fabrication, virtual design and realization, and physical modelling. Our Vancouver team thrives on multi-disciplinary engagement while practicing at the intersection of architecture and urban design and are distinguished by our creative and intellectual curiosity.
- Building and project performance are top priorities for you, supporting project teams in the pursuit of building and project performance goals (local municipality, requirements / BC Energy Step Code / LEED and AIA 2030)
- You thrive in an environment where you will be contributing to the mentoring and development of a dynamic team of design professionals, while remaining open to being challenged. You will be a key contributor in the development of programs to support the design team through analysis, project related research. You will work closely with engineering consultants to align architectural and building systems to optimize functional and building energy outcomes.
- You are proficient with tools such as Grasshopper, Dynamo, DIVA, Energy Plus, Microsoft Excel, and WUFI to analyze energy performance, daylighting, and environmental performance.
- You are experienced in Life Cycle Analysis, material transparency protocols and specification, and design strategies for resilience and occupant health
- Support the Building and Project Performance Initiative in successful development, implementation, and messaging of resources
- Able to present complex technical issues simply and concisely allowing colleagues, design teams and clients to make informed decisions regarding implementing high performance and sustainable strategies
- Passive House Consultant/Designer accredited and WELL Accredited applicants preferred.
ZGF Architects Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and portfolio.