ZGF is seeking a creative, media-savvy, strategic thinker and tactical doer to join our ZGF Communications team. As a PR Coordinator, you will play a key role on our team, supporting storytelling, content creation, media relations, and other initiatives that enhance the firm’s visibility and reputation regionally and nationally. If you bring smarts and curiosity, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to keep spinning plates in the air, a sense of humor and a willingness to dive deep and apply your storytelling savvy to the world of architecture and design, we would love to meet you!
As a PR Coordinator, you will….
- Collaborate with our architecture and design teams to identify timely and relevant storylines and suggest ideas for media pitches, blog posts, conference and award submissions, and other outlets.
- Monitor the media with an eye for trends, storylines and journalist bylines that could be meaningful for ZGF.
- Identify and develop relationships with select media to secure features of ZGF’s projects, process and people in close coordination with PR Managers.
- Prepare and manage editorial calendars.
- Directly manage and support social media accounts, including developing content, posting, and reporting.
- Identify awards opportunities for on the boards and completed projects and develop award submissions.
- Bring a high energy, proactive approach to your work, especially while keeping those spinning plates in the air.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Interest in Architecture and Design a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in public relations. Agency experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in media relations and a strong understanding of the news cycle and trends driving the news cycle.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and research skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to establish and nurture strong relationships virtually and in-person.
- Ability to self-manage project assignments from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- Proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite is big plus.
Are you a great fit for the role? We’d love to meet you! As a first step, please send us your resume, a brief cover letter, and one or two of your best work samples. These could be media placements, a white paper, a press release, a blog post or something else in the communications realm. Surprise us! Whatever it is, we’d like you to walk us through how the pieces you’ve sent us came to be, and the process you went through to develop them from start to finish.
- Los Angeles or Seattle
- Remote until January 2022
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and work samples.