Junior Interior Designer/Architect
- Portland, OR
- Full Time
- Entry Level
ZGF is seeking a creative and inquisitive Junior Interior Designer/Architect, an individual with a passion for design excellence to join our Interiors team in Portland, Oregon. Our ideal candidate has a collaborative, entrepreneurial workstyle coupled with a commitment to design excellence. Come join a bright, curious and creative team, with a passion for leveraging their talent and problem-solving skills across a diversity of projects.
As a Junior Interior Designer/Architect, you will:
- Develop design drawings, presentation drawings, and digital and physical models in support of projects and marketing pursuits.
- Support development of design and technical solutions for projects in all phases from concepts through construction administration.
- Complete design assignments with guidance and mentorship from senior designers.
- Work independently and collaboratively toward design solutions.
- Actively seek out new responsibilities and challenges.
- Advocate for an inclusive, supportive work culture through listening, learning and actions.
- A bachelor or higher degree in Interior Design or Architecture and 1 to 4 years of experience in the field.
- Progress towards NCIDQ Certification or Architectural Licensure strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Proficient in Revit with 3D modeling and project documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge in design communication software including Rhino, Adobe CS, Microsoft Excel, and rendering software (V-Ray/3D Studio Max/Enscape).
- Experience with commercial workplace projects is preferred. Experience in higher education and/or healthcare projects is also desired.
- LEED and/or WELL accreditation is a plus.
- Cover letter
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.