Sustainable Design Analyst
- Portland, OR
- Full Time
- Architecture (Sustainability)
- Mid Level
ZGF is seeking a talented and professional Sustainable Design (Life Cycle) Analyst with 3+ years’ experience to join our team in Portland, OR office to support and provide direction on projects in pursuit of sustainability goals within the firm.
As a Sustainable Design Analyst, you will….
- Perform project LCA assignments with general direction, no immediate supervision, and work collaboratively with others toward design optimization
- Perform other sustainable design analyses, as needed and within your experience and capabilities, including daylighting, solar shading, thermal comfort, energy, and carbon intensity
- Summarize and communicate analyses through visual and data-intensive graphics, and assist teams in communicating results and recommendations to our clients.
- Research innovative products and materials and assess for sustainability, health, and performance
- Develop, maintain, and improve custom tools focused on LCA, carbon intensity, and other analysis types
- Train design staff in completing project LCAs
- Contribute to general office-wide initiatives and marketing efforts around our project performance work
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with sustainable standards; such as LEED, WELL and Passive House training considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Proficient in Revit, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and MS Office Suite
- Creative problem solver with well-rounded analysis skills and the ability to work independently, with multi-disciplined teams, and balance multiple projects, often with short schedules and quick deadlines
- Proficient with Tally, EC3, and/or other LCA software
- Experience with Grasshopper for Rhino, DIVA, Climate Studio, LightStanza, IES, or other sustainable performance building analysis software
- Experience with complex multi-phased higher education, large transit, healthcare, civic and/or commercial development projects is desired
- Ability to graphically illustrate and verbally communicate sustainability concepts in a clear and effective manner
- Organizational and critical thinking skills to create materials for engaging and creative presentations through storytelling
- Cover letter
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.